For Radio Program Creators and Hosts
This package is intended for the creators or hosts of radio programs that are broadcast periodically. We will webcast your program live and can simultaneously record it for later listening or viewing.
If you have a regularly scheduled radio program, we can webcast it for you. With the additional on-demand service you can also reach people who might not be able to listen to your program at the regularly scheduled time. Some program hosts are excited by the ability to make their program easily available for review by other stations who are looking for syndication material.
For example, we webcast an Internet-only station that broadcasts one live show per day at 10am. We then re-broadcast the same show at 3pm and 7pm. Another customer broadcasts a specialty program about hair loss and treatments on Sunday nights -- we webcast that program and make “archives” available for later listening. We can pretty much do anything anyone might want in webcasting live or recorded content.
How It Works
- You need a dedicated computer to run our webcasting software or we can provide you with a preconfigured, customized server. (You'll also need a reliable high speed Internet connection.)
- We can tell you how to set up the schedule or we can do it for you - it’s not very difficult.
- You connect your audio/video source to the webcasting computer.
- You can turn the webcast on manually or we can set it to automatically startup at a preset time. While the software is broadcasting, it simultaneously records the event.
- Your audience clicks on a “listen live” button on your web site to access the “stream” as it is being broadcast live.
- When the event is over, the recorded file is automatically transferred to our servers. You can view and manage these files from the Customer Control Panel.
- You then post a link on your web page for each recorded (“archived”) file -- when a listener or viewer clicks on that event link they can hear your event again.
- View monthly, daily, or up-to-the-minute listener reports from the Customer Control Panel
It is simple and automatic.
- Charge for listening/viewing: Offer a music or video clip for free, but charge for the full song, album, or video
- Accept Donations: Offer free access to your material, but give your audience the opportunity to make a voluntary contribution
- Subscription: Offer subscription access to your material for any time period or monetary amount you desire
- Downloading: Offer your listeners the opportunity to download the recorded item, rather than listen or watch the stream
- Sell ads: Present gateway (before the program starts) or interstitial (between songs) audio or video ads
- Sell products: Right from your website or right from your player
The Internet Broadcaster Needs To:
You need a web site with a listen live button, a suitable computer and always-on Internet connection, music and music scheduling software. Click here for details on the requirements for Internet Broadcasters. Click here for information on copyright and digital rights issues.
Our streaming service supports a virtually unlimited number of concurrent listeners or viewers so we can accommodate promotion, advertising, or other events that might attract hundreds or even thousands of listeners or viewers.